Bio | Zinyange Auntony
Zinyange Auntony is an independent multimedia journalist and documentary photographer from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.He has covered important stories in the region for Agence France Press and the local, Daily News. He has a special interest in documentary work that draws attention to under-reported stories on human rights, social justice and environmental issues in Africa.
Zinyange Auntony trained at Market Photo Workshop, Johannesburg, South Africa where he completed a course in Photojournalism and Documentary Photography in 2014. In 2016, he was selected to participate in the first World Press Photo Masterclass East Africa in Nairobi, Kenya.
Some of his work has been published by, the New York Times, The Guardian, Al Jazeera and Forbes Magazines. Locally, he has been commissioned by the Environmental Management Agency [EMA] and host of non-governmental organizations including UNICEF and Action Aid (UK).
- Masterclass East Africa | World Press Photo | Nairobi. Kenya
- Digital Storytelling | Market Photo Workshop | Johannesburg. South Africa
- Context and Concept | Voices In Colour | Bulawayo. Zimbabwe
- Profile Pic/Alter Ego | House Of Menka | National Gallery. Bulawayo. Zimbabwe
- A common heritage for humanity | Intwasa Arts Festival | National Gallery. Bulawayo. Zimbabwe
- Pimp My Kombi | Gwanza Month of Photography | National Gallery. Harare. Zimbabwe